Summer Adventures Policies and Information
As part of our phased reopening strategy, Stuhr Museum will be hosting a limited number of Summer Adventures classes in June and July. After much consultation with our staff, teachers, parents and health professionals, we have determined which classes offer an environment consistent with Health Department guidelines concerning social distancing and safety protocols. In order to keep children and our community as safe as possible, we are asking the following of our students and parents:
Students will have their temperatures checked upon entry to Stuhr Museum grounds each day. Students with a temperature of 100°F or higher will not be allowed to participate in the class.
Students will be asked by the teacher to stay six feet away from other students and staff.
Students will be required to bring a facemask from home and wear it as a condition of participation.
Parents are asked to drop their children off and then leave the grounds until it’s time to pick them up.
If your child has symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, a dry cough, weariness or other symptoms, please keep them home.
Handwashing will be mandatory at a number of stations provided by the museum.
If you have signed up for a class that has been cancelled due to these new standards or if you are uncomfortable with your child attending a class that is still on the schedule, we will provide a full refund.
To view a full list of classes currently available, click here. Please note, any classes listed are still subject to cancellation due to a change in safety standards or if the number of registrants falls below our minimum for that class. Full classes are marked in red.
If you have questions about these Summer Adventures classes, registration or refunds, our safety measures or Stuhr’s policies, we encourage a conversation. Please call (308) 385-5316 ext. 204 or email email@example.com and we will do our best to get your questions answered.
All registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, regardless of registration method. Please note, registrations received on weekends will not be processed until the next business day.
- Registrations may be made in three ways: via phone call, by sending an e-mail or in-person. We are unable to offer online registrations at this time.
- To register by phone: call (308) 385-5316 ext. 204. We will complete the registration form and ask for payment over the phone.
- To register by e-mail: scan registration form or type information into an e-mail and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE NOTE- We are currently closed to the public, therefore in-person registration is currently unavailable.
- Age categories must be observed. Each class has been developed with the skill level of each age group in mind. Students must be the specified age during the class - no exceptions.
- Please let us know if your child has any allergies or medical conditions we need to be aware of.
- Please note that by paying class fees, you are giving permission to Stuhr Museum's authorized staff photographers to capture your child's image for use in any and all publications for marketing purposes. If you do not wish for your child's picture to be taken, please notify us.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION
- Payment must accompany registration to reserve a spot in a class or workshop. Accepted forms of payment include cash, check or credit card (Visa or MasterCard only. Sorry, we cannot accept Discover cards)
- In order to receive member pricing, the person paying for the class must be a member of Stuhr Museum or Hastings Museum. Memberships may be purchased or renewed along with Summer Adventures registration to receive member pricing. Please visit our membership page for more information about memberships.
- If the registrant wishes to cancel, notification must be made to the Interpretive Resources department at least 7 days prior to the class to receive a refund, however a cancellation will result in a 10% administrative fee. Cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the class are not eligible for refunds. No partial refunds are given if a student is absent from class.
- Classes must meet a minimum enrollment. Stuhr Museum reserves the right to cancel a class if the minimum has not been met. If a class is cancelled by the museum, you will be notified the week prior to the class. We will try to place the student in an alternate class, however is no alternative is available, a full refund will be issued.
- Students may not be dropped off more than 15 minutes prior to class and must be picked up no more than 15 minutes after the end of class each day.
- Vehicles are not permitted to stop along roads for drop-off and pick-up. Any vehicle stopped along the road will be asked to move to a parking lot for the safety of their child and others.
- A parking map will be provided to each vehicle on the first day of the class or workshop. Please obey all parking and speed limit rules while dropping off and picking up your child(ren).
- Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for their class. Several of our classes have specific dress codes, such as requiring long pants or closed-toe shoes, included in their descriptions. Children may not be able to participate in activities if they are not properly dressed for their safety.
- For classes without a specified dress code, we recommend closed-toe shoes due to the outdoor nature of our classes. While we do make efforts to keep the children out of the sun and buggy areas, sunscreen and bug spray are advised for any of our outdoor classes.
- Please do not send pop or juice to class with your child. Water will be available at various locations across the museum grounds. Snacks are not provided in all classes, however some classes will include treats. Please let us know if your child has any food allergies or restrictions.
- In the event of inclement weather, Stuhr Museum may choose to cancel or relocate classes for the safety of the students. Notifications will be made as early as possible in this case. In the event of rain, please stop by the Gate House to check if your child's class has been relocated.
- If your child is sick or unable to attend class, please notify the Interpretive Resources department by phone or e-mail so that we may get the message to your child's teacher.
- Stuhr Museum reserves the right to remove any disruptive child from a class. Parents will be notified and asked to pick their child up early. No refunds will be given in this event.