6-9 p.m. December 4 MEMBER’S ONLY NIGHT
6-9 p.m. December 5, 11 & 12
2-5 p.m. December 13
Admission is $8 for adults, $6 for children and free for Stuhr Members
For more information contact the museum at (308) 385-5316
From the warmth of a stove in a beautiful, historic home to the live music carried on a cold wind outside the Rural Church, Christmas Past and Present at Stuhr Museum invokes all the best feelings of the holiday season. This year’s event will run December 5, 11, 12 & 13 with a “Member’s Only” night on Friday, December 4.
This is the 28th year for the event and Stuhr’s 1890’s Railroad Town will feature dozens of open homes and businesses to explore and visit, the sounds of live music will waft from the rural church and buildings in Railroad Town, visitors can grab a cup of hot cocoa while checking out what’s new in the Mercantile and Christmas past will be celebrated in many different and memorable ways.
- Cooking in the Cleary Farmhouse
- Tinsicle making in the Tinsmith Shop and activity in the Blacksmith Shop
- Decorations and activities in Railroad Town’s historic homes
- The return of the “Fantasy of Trees” exhibit in the newly renovated Stuhr Building
- Paper ring ornaments for your tree at the Boarding House
- Create your own wooden train car in the Planing Mill for $5
- Special shopping at the Mercantile
- Father Christmas and Bazaar in the Town Hall and many, many other events museum wide
- Many more activities museum wide!
For the more modern portion of the festivities be sure to visit the Prairie Treasures Gift Shop which will have great shopping for the season, including Nebraska made products, ornaments, historic books, specialty gifts and much more. The annual “Fantasy of Trees” exhibit will be held in the Stuhr Buildign as well.
Admission is $8 for Adults, $6 for Youth (6-12), and free for children 5 and under. Stuhr Museum and Hastings Museum members are admitted free. Events will be held in multiple buildings across Stuhr Museum’s grounds, both indoors and outdoors, so be sure to dress for the weather. The event also includes areas of low light and some prefer to bring a flashlight. Call Stuhr Museum at 308-385-5316 for more information.